“The city of birth will be as much a unique part of your life as your descent from your mother.”
Albert Einstein , born in my city Ulm.
Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl, for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.
Measurements (ULMER MÜNSTER CHURCH)
- The height of the spire is 161.53 metres (530.0 ft). Ulm Münster is the world’s tallest church
- The church has a length of 123.56 metres (405.4 ft) and a width of 48.8 metres (160 ft).
- The building area is approximately 8,260 square metres (88,900 sq ft).
- The height of the central nave is 41.6 metres (136 ft), whilst the lateral naves are 20.55 metres (67.4 ft) high.
- The volume of the edifice is some 190,000 cubic metres (6,700,000 cu ft).
- The weight of the main steeple is estimated at 51,500 tonnes (50,700 long tons; 56,800 short tons).
- The church seats a congregation of 2,000.
- In the Middle Ages, before pews were introduced, it could accommodate 20,000 people